Introduction to Blueline:
At Blueline our people are the primary reason our clients recommend us to others. Team members actively engage with each other, our partners, and our clients in a collaborative way that emphasizes teamwork. We’re able to do this because we’re truly passionate about what we do and about leaving behind an enduring legacy of quality. At Blueline you will enjoy a hybrid flexible work-life balance, competitive pay, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching options, and much more!
What We Are Looking For:
The Civil 3D CAD Designer is responsible for working with the Project Manager, Professional Engineers, and Drafters on private residential/commercial development projects and public municipal projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with review agencies, sub-consultants, and clients.
- Prepare and manage engineering plans and project documents.
- Evaluate engineering alternatives and resolve technical issues.
- Make independent assessments of engineering problems and recommend solutions to engineering discipline leads.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost-effective, and compliant manner.
- Research and follow jurisdictional requirements unique to each project.
- Review and draft rough sketches, drawings, redlines, etc. as provided by the Project Engineer and/or Designer.
- Determine scale and perform mathematical calculations that require knowledge of geometry, algebra, trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Follow Blueline design and CAD standards.
- Create, edit, and label alignments, Civil 3D parcels, and corridors.
- Create, use, and edit Civil 3D labels.
- Create feature lines and surfaces.
- Manage, data reference, label, and interact with a Civil 3D surface.
- Perform roadway design, including creating corridors, subassemblies, road FG, contour grading, and surface cleanup/manipulation through Tin/points.
- Use Civil 3D to design plans and profiles of utilities, including using and creating pipe networks, editing and changing parts and styles, catch basin sizing/spacing and minimum cover, maintenance hole sizing/spacing and minimum cover, hydrant spacing, and creating waterlines in profile with deflection and exaggeration, per jurisdictional requirements.
Qualifications You Will Need:
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visualize 3-dimensionally when given a 2-dimensional sketch.
- Thorough understanding of land development industry and the role of Civil Engineering in it.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, as well as clients and industry professionals.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
- Dependability and thoroughness.
Education and Experience:
- Two to four or more years in an engineering designer role.
- Past project experience is required in the following area: subdivisions, mixed-use and commercial land development projects.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply Today!