Introduction to Blueline:
At Blueline our people are the primary reason our clients recommend us to others. Team members actively engage with each other, our partners, and our clients in a collaborative way that emphasizes teamwork. We’re able to do this because we’re truly passionate about what we do and about leaving behind an enduring legacy of quality. At Blueline you will enjoy a hybrid flexible work-life balance, competitive pay, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching options, and much more!
What We Are Looking For:
The Director of Engineering is responsible for delivering the highest level of excellence from the Engineering Department and its team members. This role will oversee the Engineering Department and ensure performance is aligned with Blueline and industry standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership and Development:
- Oversee Project Engineers, Engineers-in-Training, and CAD staff to ensure the quality of work is consistent with Blueline’s quality standards, as well as meeting all applicable deadlines and budgets.
- Being accountable for the development of and successful implementation of Professional Development Plans (PDPs) for Project Engineers and Engineers-in-Training with assistance from the Engineering Discipline Leads.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Engineers, Engineers-in-Training, and CAD staff on project design-related issues.
- Defining and controlling the Engineering Department’s processes and standards.
- Establish the Engineering Department’s short and long-term goals, including cultural goals, and ensure they are aligned with overall company-wide strategic goals and are accomplished.
- Maintain and improve employee morale by meeting regularly with staff members and establishing an open line of communication.
- Show up each day ready to motivate the team and lead by example.
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure engineering staff is properly trained to execute all duties they are expected to carry out.
- Mentoring Engineering staff as necessary to help them achieve their professional goals.
- Providing input on Engineering staff training needs to Discipline Leads.
- Providing annual 360 reviews of Engineering staff to Supervisors.
- Actively providing feedback on team members to Supervisors for Immediate Impact Awards.
- Assist with preparation of Engineering staff job descriptions, identify potential candidates, and participate in staff recruiting interviews.
- Assisting Profit Center Leads with annual revenue estimates and budgets for continuing education and training for Engineering staff.
- Keep current on industry trends and evaluate if implementation would benefit the company.
- Pursue and maintain professional licensure in the state(s) other than Washington (as required).
- Act as Project Manager on a handful of civil engineering intensive projects.
- Align the Engineering department’s revenue streams and marketing objectives with company and Profit Center goals.
- Champion cross-selling of all Blueline’s services and disciplines.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with City and County jurisdictions.
Qualifications You Will Need:
- Strong background and success with project and people management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all their work.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, clients, and teaming partners.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s (or advanced) Degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year ABET college or university.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience at a private consulting firm (Supervisory and/or Director level experience preferred).
Does this sound like a fit? Apply Today!