Introduction to Blueline:
At Blueline our people are the primary reason our clients recommend us to others. Team members actively engage with each other, our partners, and our clients in a collaborative way that emphasizes teamwork. We’re able to do this because we’re truly passionate about what we do and about leaving behind an enduring legacy of quality. At Blueline you will enjoy a hybrid flexible work-life balance, competitive pay, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching options, and much more!
What We Are Looking For:
The Project Engineer designs, directs, and coordinates activities of a design team on designated civil engineering projects. The Project Engineer also ensures goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare review plans and project documents. Design elements may include lot and site layouts; roadways; grading; erosion control; storm drainage utilities (conveyance, vaults, and storage ponds); sanitary sewers; water systems; and other associated improvements.
- Research and follow jurisdictional requirements unique to each project.
- Evaluate engineering alternatives and resolve technical issues.
- Make independent assessments of engineering problems and recommend solutions to the design team.
- Create rough sketches, drawings, redlines, and other specifications for design and drafting staff to follow.
- Perform high-level mathematical calculations related to our civil engineering consulting industry. Apply technical accuracy, standard engineering practices, and the inclusion of appropriate documentation to all projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner per Blueline standards.
- Coordinate project status and weekly scheduling with the Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager with project proposals, scopes, and budgets.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and community, progressing towards becoming a trusted advisor to Blueline clients.
- Have a clear understanding of the land development industry, including all services, disciplines, and roles of the company and our sub-consultants.
- Regularly act as an ambassador and recognize opportunities to market the company.
Assist Project Manager with leading Blueline’s team (which may include Project Engineers, EITs, Designers, Drafters, Landscape Architects, Planners, and administrative staff) through the design process.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university and a minimum of 4 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- Experience in the local AEC industry is preferred.
- Licensed PE is a must for external applicants.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply Today!