Introduction to Blueline:
At Blueline our people are the primary reason our clients recommend us to others. Team members actively engage with each other, our partners, and our clients in a collaborative way that emphasizes teamwork. We’re able to do this because we’re truly passionate about what we do and about leaving behind an enduring legacy of quality. At Blueline you will enjoy a hybrid flexible work-life balance, competitive pay, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K matching options, and much more!
What We Are Looking For:
The Construction Inspector works with the Project Manager, local agencies/owners, and contractors to ensure municipal construction projects are built according to the approved plans and specifications, as well as the governing jurisdiction’s standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect all aspects of municipal utility, road, and sidewalk projects.
- Document the work performed by the Contractor through daily inspection reports.
- Document the work performed by the Contractor through project photographs.
- Keep an accurate log of contract days used and remaining throughout the project.
- Verify quantities of work performed daily and provide weekly quantity reports to the Owner.
- Maintain accurate records of personnel, equipment, and material used on force account activities.
- Review change order requests.
- Verify materials delivered to the job site match the approved submittals.
- Walk the project ahead of the Contractor’s work schedule to identify potential unforeseen conflicts.
- Advise the Contractor of insufficient traffic control measures or unsafe work conditions.
- Coordinate scheduling of soils, asphalt, and concrete testing as required.
- Coordinate with the local residents regarding impacts of construction.
- Maintain accurate as-built record drawings for the project.
- Advise the Owner of work progress and field issues as they arise.
- Work with the Contractor to provide updated schedules to the Owner as needed.
Qualifications You Will Need:
- Strong mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent organization and time management skills leading to timely documentation and submittals.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with other employees, clients, industry professionals, and residents/business owners impacted by construction.
- Ability to make judgment calls while performing inspection duties with the least possible interruption to the Contractor/work progress.
- Ability to read scaled construction plans.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all his/her work.
- Ability to work hours dictated by the Contractor’s schedule on short notice.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Ability to learn and retain new information quickly.
- Strong research and report writing skills.
- Dependability and thoroughness.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a four-year college or university, is required.
- 1-4 years of experience in Civil Engineering or Construction Management in the Puget Sound area, preferred.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply Today!